WALT: What problems did the Weimar government face from 1919-23?
WILFs: Can identify some problems (D)...... Can describe and explain the problems face by the Weimar government (C)..... Can evaluate whether Weimar was doomed from the start (A)
1. Watch the film and make a list of problems the Weimar Government had to face from 1919
2. Promenade your shoulder partner to discuss then Stand and Share
3. Quiz Quiz Trade with the key words cards - remember to 'coach' don't tell!
4. With your shoulder partner - complete 'Cloze 1 and Cloze 2' and save a copy each
5. Now use the Quiz Quiz Trade cards - circulate around the room ... when a number is called form a group of that many students and construct a sentence or paragraph using each key word accurately
Plenary: In 3's roaming review the following questions
i) What wa the impact of the defeat in the war on Germany?
ii) How fairly was Germany treated in the Versailles Treaty?
iii) Why was the Weimar government so unpopular?
iv) What were the main features of the Weimar constitution?
v) What was the Spartacist revolt and why was it important?
vI) What was the Kapp putsch revolt and why was it important?
vii) What was the Munich putsch and why was it important?
viii) Was the Weimar government doomed from the start? Explain your answer
WALT: Why was 1923 a year of crisis for the Weimar Government?
WILFs: Can define and deploy key terms (D)..... Can explain and describe the problems faced by Weimar 1919-23 (C)..... Can assess why the year 1923 was a year of severe crisis for the Weimar Government (A)
Lesson 2 Development
1. Starter - Find Someone Who
2. Use the cards to play Quiz Quiz Trade
3. Watch the clip - list the reasons why 1923 was a year of crisis
4. Stand and Share
Learn more about Weimar HERE