WALT: What was the Black Death and how did it affect Medieval people and medicine?
WILFs: Can describe and explain the nature of the Black Death and how it spread (C)
Can describe and explain Medieval ideas on causes and 'cures' of the Black Death (C)
Can assess the impact of the Black Death on attitudes to medicine and disease (A)
1. Stand Up Hand Up Pair Up then Rally Robin what you know already about the Black Death
2. Stand and Share
3. Pair Up and study the PPT and add to your lists
4. Quiz Quiz Trade
5. Stand Up Hand Up Pair Up and Mix Pair Share
a) What was the Black death and How was it spread?
b) What did people in the Middle Ages think caused the Black Death and what 'cures' were tried?
c) What were the consequences of the Black Death for society and medicine?
6. With your Face Partner go to a computer and download the PPT and complete Tasks and activities therein
7. Plenary - Paraphrase passport today's WALT